Does Seavy provides service even after expiry of warranty?
Yes, we do provide service to our customers throughout the lifetime of a product. After expiry of warranty, the services are provided on chargeable basis.
Is warranty of the product transferable?
No, the warranty is not transferable and extends to first consumer purchase only. Customer who has called Seavy service team for installation and who has registered for warranty by filling warranty application form online/offline within three months of purchase will be eligible for availing warranty benefits and will be deemed as first consumer.
What are warranty terms and conditions if a product is purchased online?
Warranty terms & conditions remains the same irrespective of purchase source i.e online/offline.
What is covered under warranty and what is not covered under warranty?
This depends upon the product purchased by the customer. For detailed information refer the table here. Any spare pare which is not mentioned under column “Parts covered under Warranty” will not be covered under warranty.
What is Life Time Warranty?
Life Time Warranty means warranty on kitchen hood as mentioned in the warranty table and applicable on the parts as specified. Lifetime warranty has a specified duration as mentioned in the warranty table.
What is the procedure to obtain warranty of a product?
To obtain warranty of a product, a customer must register the product warranty with Seavy within three months from the Date of Purchase on seavy.in or by mail/post as mentioned on warranty application form. Please register online or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When does warranty becomes void?
Seavy holds utmost authority for breaching the warranty of a product in the below mentioned cases:
- If a product is not registered for warranty within three months of purchase.
- If installation of the product is not done by Seavy’s authorized person unless and until permitted by Seavy itself.
- Use of Non Seavy Products and accessories for installation/service etc.
- Unauthorized service or modification. Any fault, damage or defect arising from service, adjustment, testing, installation, maintenance, service , modification by someone other than Seavy or its authorized service centers are excluded from warranty.
- Any damage/fault arising due to erratic power supply, improper electrical circuit are excluded from warranty.
- Abusive / Wrong Behavior- Incase Consumer uses abusive language while registering complain / or obtaining service related information with the person attending the call from service team, then in such case company will hook the call and may not entertain the call again. Incase Consumer does not allow the technician to inspect the product or gets physically or verbally abusive with the technician in such case Company shall terminate the warranty and will not entertain any further complaints from the consumer. In such incidences company shall take restrictive action against the customer.
- Accidents as a result of following cases-
- Non maintenance of a product like fire in kitchen hoods due to non cleaning of filters.
- Accidents resulting from improper /incorrect installation.
- Consumers using any cooking utensil/appliance/aids, covering the burners and touching the surface of the Hob/ Cook top are not included in warranty.
- Non peeling off of Protective PVC film from the product resulting in fire.
- Non maintenance of desired gap of 65cm-75cm between the kitchen hood and the cooking appliance(Hob/Cook top).
- Any accident arising out of non understanding of user manual and set standards of using a product are excluded from warranty.
When does warranty expires?
Warranty automatically will get terminated on expiry of the time period as mentioned in the warranty table, as per the product or due to any reason as specified in the above FAQs.
Can a chimney work in open kitchen?
Yes, Chimney also works in open kitchens but the suction power has to be at-least 1200 m3/hr or more than that. Hood models are preferred for open kitchens over flat models.
Can chimney and exhaust fan be used simultaneously?
It’s advisable not to use both together since using an exhaust fan creates air pressure fluctuation in the kitchen thereby affecting the suction of the chimney.
How an exhaust fan is different from a kitchen chimney?
An exhaust fan can only remove smoke from your kitchen, other impurities like fumes, spices, odor , heat generated while cooking can only be removed by a kitchen chimney. A kitchen chimney helps in maintaining healthy kitchen environment and has a power of almost 14 exhaust fans.
How does a kitchen chimney works?
Kitchen chimney is an appliance that absorbs smoke, fumes from kitchen and makes kitchen clean and oil, smoke free. It is installed just above the cooking appliance. When switched “On”, it sucks all the smoke, fumes, spices etc hence making your kitchen smoke and odor free.
How far should be the cooking appliance from the chimney?
In general, most installations require a distance from 20″ to 24″ between the bottom of the hood and the cooking surface. Over a gas range, this distance should be between 24″ and 30″, unless otherwise specified. For further information, please refer to the installation manual of your model.
How much is the electricity consumption?
It depends upon the individual models. Usually ,most of the chimneys consume approx 1 unit every 3-4 hours of operation.
How to install a kitchen chimney?
A trained skilled ,authorized service personnel from the company should be called to install the chimney.
How to select the right kitchen hood?
Suction: Suction of the chimney m3/h= Volume of kitchen*Number of air changes. So if a kitchen is 4m in length, 4 m wide and 4m in height, its volume=64m3(4*4*4). Suction of kitchen hood =64*10=640 hence a chimney with suction 750m3/h should be ideal.
Size: Most kitchen chimneys are available in standard sizes of 60 cm and 90 cm. Choose the size of the chimney depending on the size of the stove and the size of the kitchen. The chimney size should be slightly larger than the size of the stove, in order to absorb the smoke much more effectively.
What is Auto Clean Technology?
Auto Clean is a technology that gives a hassle free experience of cooking and cleaning the kitchen at the same time. Dry Auto Clean, also known as Heat Auto Clean feature cleans the internal housing of the chimney through heat.’
Why should I buy Seavy Kitchen Chimney?
Quality: Seavy provides international quality, designs and standards that make us best in the industry.
Easy to Use: Seavy chimneys are designed in such a way that is easy to operate and function.
Affordability: Seavy aims to provide best in class products out there for people to buy and we do this affordably, keeping your wallet safe.
Does they support PNG connection?
All Seavy hobs and cook tops are designed to support LPG connection, as , per your requirement, they can be converted into PNG connection on chargeable basis.
How to find an ideal cooking appliance for my kitchen?
Firstly decide if you want to go with a Built-In-Hob or a Cook top.
Selection of an ideal cooking appliance is dependent on various factors like type of cooking, available space on the slab, size of chimney installed etc. To make a best purchase you can get in touch with our service team and they will be happy to assist you.
What Is A Difference Between A Built-In-Hob And A Cook Top?
Although the two serve the same basic function, the main difference between the two is that a built-in-hob is designed to seamlessly fit on the kitchen
counter while a cook top is a freestanding appliances unit.
What should be done in case of breakage of glass?
Seavy’s cooking appliances are made up of thick toughened glass which not only looks elegant but also resist scratches, stains, impact and heat. However, if it gets broken it will be in small pieces and will remain sticking to the surface and can be replaced.
What to do in case of uneven flame emitting from burners?
Firstly check all burners are placed properly, then look for any food particles or spillage stuck in the burner. If uneven flames still experienced, contact our service team for better assistance.
What to do when knobs become hard to rotate?
With continuous usage of the product lubrication is much required so in case, you feel the knobs are hard to rotate the same shall be lubricated or can be replaced .
Who will install the appliance?
Seavy provides onsite installation service to the customers. An authorized service personnel should be called upon for installation of the product.
Why should I buy Seavy Built-in-Hob/ Cook top?
Quality: Seavy provides international quality with slim aesthetics and high standard reliable products.
Wide Range: Seavy provides cooking appliances in a configuration of 2/3/4/5 burners, Auto ignition / Non Auto Ignition , so you can select from a wide range of options available.
Functionality: Seavy products are easy to operate and maintain.
Affordability: Seavy takes care of your wallet as well.